Dear District 37 Lions,
Webmaster’s Note: This message is an official notification to Montana Clubs and Lions of potential actions to be considered at the convention in Kalispell this April.
District Dues Reduction:
At the District 37 Convention in Kalispell, Mt. We will be voting on a dues reduction of $5 per member per year. This would reduce the annual dues to the district from $25 to $20 for each member. The formula for voting delegates is provided below:
Article 8: District Convention, Section B: Club Delegate Formula:
Each chartered club in good standing in Lions Clubs International and this District shall be entitled in each annual convention of this District to one (1) delegate and one (1) alternate for each ten (10) members, who have been enrolled for at least one year and a day in the club or major faction thereof, of said club as shown by the records of the International office on the first day of the month last preceding that month during which the convention is held. The major faction referred to in this section shall be five (5) or more members. Each certified delegate present in person shall be entitled to cast one (1) vote only on each question submitted to the respective convention. All eligible delegates must be members in good standing of a club in good standing within this District.
In addition any Past District Governor in good standing belonging to a club in this district in good standing is entitled to one (1) vote.
District 37 Hall of Fame Nominations
Any Lion or Lioness may nominate a candidate from the District to be included in the District 37 Hall of Fame. The policies regarding the Hall of Fame and the nomination form are listed below:
- The District Governor must receive nominations at least 30 days prior to the District’s Annual Convention.
- The award may be presented to either a Lion or Lioness, with only one recipient annually.
- The award may presented posthumously.
- Each Candidate must have fifteen (15) years of service, been a participating member of a District Cabinet for five (5) years, and not be a member of current Executive Committees.
- The current Executive Committee shall decide on the recipient for the District 37 Hall of Fame from all the candidates received by the District Governor within the required timeframe and meeting all of the other minimum qualifications to be considered.
- Each candidate should have qualifications above and beyond the call of duty including social and human endeavors. She/he should be of good moral character and have a good reputation in his/her community.
- The sponsor will ensure the candidate, or a representative, will be in attendance at the District Convention.
- The successful candidate will be inducted to the Hall of Fame at the District Convention.
- A brief biography of the inductee shall be announced to the delegates attending the District Convention.
- All sponsor(s) shall use the District nomination form. No others will be accepted.
(Exhibit D of the Different Policy Manual)
- A perpetual plaque will be kept and displayed at the annual District Convention.
- All past honorees of Multiple District 37 Hall of Fame, which are, or were, Lions from a Club within District 37 will automatically be members of the District 37 Hall of Fame.
The form is printable for completing longhand and mailing by postal service to: ADG Lary, 703 Conway Street , Billings, Montana, 59105, or may be filled out in most browsers (or Acrobat Viewer), saved, and emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Post submitted by ADG Lary Garrison