This is the WEB POLICY for montanalions.org and all subdomains for Lions club members, District 37 news, activities, and all other pages hosted by these entities excluding externally linked sites. The policies below were originally adopted by the Cabinet of District 37S and were reaffirmed by District 37 as Montana was unified into a single district.
NOTE: Articles and information can be submitted at any time to the webmaster, or designated website editors, and will appear as soon as time or space allows. The webmaster reserves the right to edit submissions to make them acceptable under the policy statements below.
General Web Content Policy:
- Site content, graphics and presentation are the discretion of the Webmaster and designated website editors.
- It is the intent of the Webmaster that committees and officers to the fullest extent possible determine the content of public portions of this site. The Webmaster serves as a conduit and a source of technical expertise and designates website editors (if any volunteer) in order to provide continuity and timely posting.
- The public portion of the site will not routinely identify specific individuals other than district officers without permission. Names, phone numbers, addresses and emails submitted for district directories and/or newsletters imply permission was granted for inclusion on the website(s) as needed. In any case, personal information about members shall not be published unless for the purpose of public communication or future information sharing. Newsletters and other printed materials containing names, addresses and numbers are reproduced on this site as they were published. Editors of these materials are put on notice that submission of such publications for inclusion on this site implies permission to reproduce any personal information they contain.
- Submissions of content must be informative in nature and not question the character of any Lion or activity. In short, the rules of good Tailtwisting apply: inform and have fun, but take care not to offend.
- This site is updated on a regular basis as submissions are made. Effort will be made to add features on a regular basis (every few days at least). Older items will normally be archived indefinitely for reference.
- All comments posted on the website will be moderated (reviewed as accurate and appropriate) by the webmaster or designated editors before being made public.
The District 37 is committed to respecting and protecting the personal privacy of their members and those who visit this Web site. It is our policy to acquire personal information from users only by overt and voluntary means, only when it is in the interest of the user to provide it, and to utilize this information only for the purpose it was provided.
This site is divided into two sections: one public and one available to members only. Information such as individual recipients of assistance; member’s addresses, phone and e-mail; and the deliberative processes of Clubs and their committees are reserved to the members only portion of the site and require a password to view. Protect your password. The webmaster reserves the right to cancel passwords to protect the integrity of this site and it’s information (or to remove information from the site altogether).
The statements that follow explain the kinds of information these sites may collect, how it is used, the conditions under which it is made available to third parties, how information is maintained, and our compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
- This site collects anonymous data that is not indicative of and cannot be traced to an individual without the cooperation of their Internet Service Provider. This data includes information about the user’s remote IP address, referral data (which page “linked” to the present request), and the browser software’s user-agent string. This information is accepted passively from the HTTP headers that are sent from the user when requesting any file from the server. Other anonymous data entered by the user may be collected in a common repository, including terms entered into any search engine or other forms used to select site information.
- The anonymous information collected is used to monitor the usage of this Web site and the interests of those who use it. Data such as the volume of traffic to the server, the number of visitors a certain section of the site receives each month, or the most popular search terms are analyzed to derive general statistics about the site’s reach and the audience’s usage patterns and future design.
- Reports, statistics, and other analyses of aggregate anonymous information may be shared within the organization or provided to third parties at the discretion of the Webmaster. This information does not include any personally identifiable information.
- Personally identifiable data is collected only by means of form interfaces on the site and/or by submission of information to be published in District 37 or club directories where information provided is to be made available for the noncommercial use of others. Limited personally identifiable information (name and email address) is requested of any commenter on blog portions of these sites in order to verify information presented and to allow followup requests for expanded coverage of events and news.
- No attempt is made to covertly or “quietly” collect personally identifiable information, nor are cookies or any other tracking technology used for the purpose of coordinating information that a user may opt to enter in various interfaces on the site.
- Personally identifiable information is used only for the express purpose for which it was submitted. For example, if a user enters their contact information in the “change of address” form for an online camp newsletter, then the information will be used only to change their address or to correspond with them regarding the change of address.
- montanalions.org does not share personally identifiable information from web sites with anyone.
- montanalions.org reserve the right to use all information at its disposal and to share this information with ISPs and other third parties as necessary to investigate any incident of misuse or abuse of its site, server, or information systems.
- In most cases, personally identifiable information is not maintained. Once it has been used for its intended purpose, it is deleted.
- The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) of 1998 applies only to Web sites of a commercial nature. However, we consider it sound advice for any Web site that is intended for or potentially used by children. Therefore, montanalions.org does not use sites to collect any personally identifiable information from children under 13 years of age. Any input form that requests personally identifiable information and appears on an interface that is expected to be viewed by children under 13 years of age is accompanied by a notice that submissions cannot be accepted from users under 13 years of age. Where “age” or “date of birth” is requested, no information will be stored or transmitted unless the response indicates that the user is 13 years of age or older.
- Providing personal information is never a prerequisite for accessing any of the content or resources on this public Web site. Specifically, refusal to provide personal information via a Web interface will never result in a member of the public being denied access to any on-line content or resource he or she would be able to access were the information submitted with the exception of those portions of the site intended for members use only.
Policy Modifications and Deviations
Policy revised 5/2/2015.