To set up tour user profile go to “Users” in the left hand column and choose “Your Profile.”
The following choices apply as you go down the page that is displayed:
- Visual editor can be turned off (or simply ignored as you use the site).
- Choose the color scheme you like.
- Keyboard shortcuts can be on or off (you might want to use them later and can always change this setting then).
- Show toolbar (leave this on!).
- Username (can’t be changed, sorry).
- First Name (can be blank)
- Last Name (can be blank)
- Nickname (whatever you want displayed to identify you on the posts you author – can be your name or a shortened title such as PDG Bill, VDG Jayne, or DG Richard).
- Display name publicly as (choose the nickname you entered, or you can choose from permutations of the two name fields if you used them). Note: If you alter this field at any time ALL the posts you have done will reflect the change. All the work you do on the site is associated with your username.
- Email (enter yours)
- Website (can leave blank – this is a promotional tool for many bloggers)
- Bio info (can be blank – again, this is a promotional tool for bloggers. Our site does not display bios.)
- Password and password confirm (change to whatever you want and/or can remember). Note: Administrators can reset your password for you if necessary. It is best to go with a strong password just to increase the safety of our site.
- Note: the logout of all other sessions feature does exactly what it says. It sometimes comes in handy.
- Update Your Profile and you are done.